There’s so much that goes into a bathroom remodeling project that unless you’re a professional who does it every day it will seem too complicated. So, if you’re tackling a bathroom remodel project, having a working knowledge of what to expect and what to consider can make a big difference. An easier alternative is to avail services of a bathroom remodel in Baton Rouge.
Tips to keep in mind before you remodel a bathroom
- Know what a bathroom remodel cost.
- Don’t make the toilet the first thing you see when opening the door.
- Consider leaving those vintage finishes.
- Plan a lighting scheme.
- Understand standard bathroom dimensions.
- Plan the right height for your sink.
- Consider a corner sink.
- Opt for a tiny tub.
- Pick the right vanity.
- Splurge on a few high-end materials.
- Double check your file
- Think about converting your tub to a shower.
- Install a toilet yourself.
- Have more than one way of drying out your bathroom.
- Pay attention to how hardwood meets a tile floor.
Bathroom remodel for older adults
A bathroom for seniors should be easy to get, easy to move around in and we’ll be equipped with an aide to keep seniors steady. Bathroom remodel in Boston Rouge offer the following options
- Dimensions -the dimensions of a bathroom should accommodate the needs of the older adults
- Zero threshold shower – dimensions are important in the shower as well. A zero-threshold shower has no curb, which means a wheelchair or walker can easily slide into the shower
- Showerhead–consider installing a hand-held shower head for easier cleaning control. Install controls at a level that can be easily reached by a person in a wheelchair.
- Walk in the tub- A walk-in tub allows senior adults to bathe safely. A user can easily step into the tub while dry and then fill and drain before simply stepping out.
- Grab bars- grab bars can be the last-minute savior in a dangerous situation and they can also help seniors move around more confidently throughout the bathroom.
- Toilet- A bidet can be helpful for many seniors. Make things easier and safer while providing dignity by placing support bars.
- Storage – pull out drawers are easier to open than a cupboard, you can also employ open storage.
When you take the time to think through the needs of your loved ones., you will be able to create a safe and dignified environment for daily needs. The bathroom remodel in Baton Rouge will ensure all your needs are properly met.